Thursday, September 18, 2008

Post-undergrad woes

After months and months of thought and research, I've finally decided to do my MBA next year. I found a program where you don't need two years of work experience and I have rationalized to myself that this is the best option for me.

Having said that, there is one thing standing in my way of applying: the dreaded GMAT. I've been studying for about 10 hours a day for about week aaaand the results are quite dismal. Having said that...I've only been studying for one week. I plan on taking the test in February and I think I'm going to need every moment I can get to study for it.

It's safe to say that for now, the GMAT prep books are kicking my butt.
The math section is proving quite difficult (as I expected), but I also REALLY suck at Critical Reasoning and Sentence Correction. These are places I thought I would do quite well, but no! As it turns out, I actually do suck! BUT the reading comprehension section is relatively easy for me.

As depressing as this sounds, I am optimistic! I'm sure it'll get better as time goes along. For now...back to the GMAT!
- Kristen

5 comments:

Mimi said...

i can relate-- i have my GRE scheduled for October 15.

and, man, grade 11 trig is kicking my ass.

Curly Dragon Master 13 said...

What the heck is a GMAT?

Curly Dragon Master 13 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annika and Kristen said...

Sorry for not clarifying...

MBA is a Masters of Business Administration.

GMAT is Graduate Management Admissions Test. It's a standardized test (much like the ones to get into law school or medical school) that focuses on a couple of sections: verbal and mathematical.

The verbal is broken down into Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction, Essay Writing, and Reading Comprehension.

The math section is broken down into: word problems, algebra, data management, and geometry.


- Kristen

Annika and Kristen said...

Mariam - what are you planning to apply to after undergrad?

- Kristen